Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mom, we aren't ALLOWED to kiss in school

How is it that I suddenly find myself having conversations about girlfriends with my nine year old???

Sure, I was in kindergarten when I had my first boyfriend. His name was Scott (yes, I remember his last name too) and he liked my belt with sparkles in it. I chased him. He chased me. He broke my heart. I flipped over on the bar and got over it.

Young love.

But MY nine year old being aware that there are girls?

So not ready for that.

MotH and I were teasing AM last night about whether or not he thought any girls at school were pretty. Suddenly, he has an opinion!

Yikes.

Thankfully, Pokemon, Star Wars and Encyclopedia Brown still get top billing..........but I think I saw a brief glimpse into my future. And that future isn't NEARLY as far away as I want it to be!

2 comments:

Jessica T. said...

Yay, another blog post! :)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

You are back... I mean were... glad to see it! And, yes, I am afraid it isn't that far away. YUCK!

Mrs. Nurse Boy