Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Meme

So Mrs. Nurse Boy "tagged" me on a meme. The instructions say I'm supposed to tag eight more people.

How terribly pathetic is it that the only bloggers I know were already tagged by her? Yeah, that's what I thought.

I will answer your meme, Mrs. Nurse Boy, but I cannot follow your instructions. I guess this means it's time to broaden my bloggisphere.

1. What are your current obsessions? I don't really know. There are some issues I'm obsessed with. Like "what happened to my entire spring/summer non-maternity wardrobe?".

Seriously. Where is it?! I packed it up last spring to make room for maternity clothes and it's gone. Vanished. No t-shirts. No capris. Nothing.

How does that happen? Is someone messing with me? Am I on Candid Camera? Is the entire country laughing at my expense when I look under my bed for the twentieth time because I KNOW that is where I put the Space Bag?

2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? Underpants. I was going to say "bra and underpants", but I usually chuck the bra when I get home to let the girls breath. Perhaps they'll re-inflate if I do that often enough?

3. What's for dinner? Tonight I had a sleeping baby on me until 6:30 p.m., so it was Morning Star "chicken" patties. They are surprisingly yummy. I sliced mine up and had a salad and the guys had sandwiches. And green beans.

Last night it was steak, couscous and fresh green beans (I swear we don't always eat green beans......it just worked out that way the last couple of nights).

4. Last thing you bought? Dishwasher detergent, a 12-pack of Bounty, formula and chips for Field Day on Friday.

Oh, and a dark chocolate candy bar that was so bitter I couldn't eat it. Don't EVEN get me started on that. Dark chocolate is the only "treat" I'm allowing myself these days and the one I got tasted like chocolate crap. Yes, I said "CRAP". Sometimes "poop" just doesn't do the situation justice. This is one of those times.

5. What are you listening to? "Father of the Bride", for probably the one-gazillionth time. White noise (a.k.a. the alarm clock tuned to static) through the baby monitor

6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be? Goddess of Frustration. "Frustration" seems to be the story of my life lately.

7. Favorite vacation spots? I love both the beach and the mountains. My sis and I like to take long weekend trips to the beach (Florida). We spend our time with our toes buried in the sand, reading a good book and napping.

I grew up going to the mountains and there is something about them that is a balm to my soul.

Ironically, MotH and I are not ideal travel-mates. He feels like he has to be DOING something every second of every day and I go on vacation to NOT do something every second of every day.

8. Reading right now? Lying on Sundays by Susan Somethingorother.

9. Four words to describe yourself: Talkative (I heard that "amen" from the back row), sensitive, dependable, loyal

10. Guilty pleasure? The "Fugly" blog. HYSTERICAL! "Don't Eat That, Steve" blog (also hysterical). 80's "Hair" Metal.

11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? MotH and I have fun together and he makes me laugh. AM says the darndest things and I laugh at him a lot.

12. Favorite thing to do in the summer? Family trips. BBQ and eating on the deck.

13. Planning to travel to next? Our next family trip is our annual summer trip to Branson. We have a boat this year, so it should be super fun. Even considering I have to wear a bathing suit.

14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Not that chocolate CRAP candy bar, I can tell you that!

The lettuce on my salad was very crispy. That's the best I can come up. Oh, and I had some yummy bean salad for lunch.

15. When did you last get tipsy? Eons ago.

16. Favorite ever film? I don't have one. I have some I watch over and over (Father of the Bride, Pretty Woman and recently 27 Dresses), but nothing that I can say "that's my favorite".


17. Care to share some wisdom? No, I don't like to share.

18. Least favorite thing about driving in the boondocks? Gravel roads that need to be graded. You can lose a liver on a gravel road that is past due on being graded! I don't like all the dust from gravel roads either.

19. Least favorite part of your day? Morning. I am SO not a morning person. I've said it before: I don't great the day with a smile. I get dragged into a new day kicking and screaming.

20. Why do you blog? My blog started as a way for me to chronicle our Chinese adoption. Since that became an endless waiting game, I started blogging about whatever strikes my fancy.

There you go. All you ever cared to know about "meme".

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Fun to read. So glad you played along.

I love that you said, "Crap." That is my wordy dird. Sometimes that is the only word that can describe something unfortunate.

Too bad it described chocolate. THAT is some sad chocolate indeed.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Imperfect Mom said...

We were on our way home from the school last night and AM made some comment about a car being a piece of junk.

Then he said "mom, can we say c-h-a-p".

"Huh", says I, "why would you want to say 'chap'".

"Oh, that's not what I meant. I meant a 'r' not a 'h'. Can I say that word?".

I said "well, it's not the nicest word, but it's a better alternative than many others!".

"Man, that car is a piece of junk and it's full of crap!".

*snort* It earned me a sideways glance from MotH (he's always telling me "what will Mrs. C say if AM uses that word in class?"

I did tell AM that he should really try to find a different word. Between chortles of laughter.