Wednesday, April 08, 2009

It's 8 O'clock Somewhere.

Did you know that there is an ideal time to work on a car/boat/4-wheeler?

It just so happens that the PERFECT start-time occurs ONLY between 7:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

If you miss that window, you'll have to help your wife get the kids to bed...........OOPS! Did I just type that out loud?

Not that I would ever do that. NO, no, no. It's very self-sacrificing of me to go to the garage at that time. It's not to avoid the screaming, red-faced baby that fights sleep until it finally grabs him in it's steely claws. It's DEFINITELY not to avoid the "get your pj's on. Get your pj's on. GET YOU PJ'S ON OR YOU WILL BE GOING TO BED WITH A SORE FANNY IF I HAVE TO SAY IT ONE MORE TIME"-routine with AM.

No, I'm working on the car/boat/4-wheeler for Imperfect Mom. That's right. Even if she doesn't RIDE said 4-wheeler, and isn't really sure it's such a great idea to plan our summer entertainment around an activity that requires a bathing suit, it's still for her. You know, if I'm happy she's happy.

Something like that. I'm really martyr-like in that way.

So when I disappear into the garage between 7:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. 75% of the time, it's not because I don't enjoy the bedtime routine. It's for my wife.

Because I love her.

Signed - MotH

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

You are a good man MotH. Letting you wife get that quality time with the kids, only demanding 25% of it is a huge sacrafice.

Also, thinking ahead. You have your vacations plans already, and are trying to get everything in working order before the last hour. Good work!

Plus, IM could spend money on a personal trainer to motivate her. But she gets you for free. Motivating her with swimsuit ladden plans this summer, very thrifty!

It is good to see you post!

(I started to type one of those wink things with the semi-colon, but then I realized I produce testosterone.)

Imperfect Mom said...

If you had ;) at me, I would have definitely questioned your masculinity, so good call.

Chaos-Jamie said...

Heh-heh. Heh.