Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Life as Mii

So I finally created a Mii last night on the Wii.

All in all, it was okay. She doesn't quite have my hair, but she's close enough.

Then I fired up Wii Fit for the first time.

Things rapidly went downhill from there.

First MotH did his body "test". It told him he's overweight (for the record I disagree) and 47. He was less-than-pleased and I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Because if it said he's overweight, I knew it would only be worse for me.

It was worse. So very much worse.

Not only is it a blow to the ego to watch an electronic gadget declare me "obese", but must they also make an animated version of my huge self?

She danced. She ran. She sagged in defeat (stupid balance exercises).

She looked like Humpty Dumpty pre-fall.

Correction. I look like Humpty Dumpty pre-fall.

AM started asking "why is your Mii so fat, mom?". That was immediately followed by raucous laughter and yet another suggestion that I call Weight Watchers. He's a funny one, that boy of mine.

At least my Wii "age" is only 27.........a full 20 years YOUNGER than MotH's age of 47.

Of course that means that if our house catches fire, he's too old to drag my fat butt to safety.

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

OK, this was not a commercial to get the wii fit! You crack me up! The wii fit was on my Christmas list...which apparently noone read. However, after reading this, I think I will save myself $80 and stick to the treadmill that we bought used that is taking up residence in our basement. It always welcomes me with a quiet hum and lets me walk in peace. It does not mock me. Plus, I chase the kids out of the basement so noone else will make fun of me.

BTW, you deserve an award for the simple fact that your son is alive and well! ;0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

mommy4life said...

My favorite is when you step on and it says "ooh!" like it's so surprised..... and in pain.

Imperfect Mom said...

MotH said "did it just say 'owwwwww'"?

Har, har, har.

Chaos-Jamie said...

I want to know where you found it and why you didn't pick one up for me. What kind of girlfriend are you? I need a machine to mock me into shape.