Monday, December 08, 2008

Sleep Glorious Sleep

I've seen enough of you blog about sleep or potty training to know that I'm about to jinx myself.

So I'll whisper. Maybe Murphy (of the Law) won't hear me if I whisper.

*nr has let me sleep at night the last five out of six nights*

No, he's not sleeping all night (I don't expect him to), but he's sleeping AT night. While it's dark. I'm in my bed. He's in his. I'M HORIZONTAL!!!

Cue angelic chorus.

Friday night was the exception. He had me up until 4am. Otherwise, he's done great.

I would love to take credit. Claim it's the super-snug swaddle I put him in. Swear it's keeping him up in the late afternoons (though I was already doing that).

The truth is that God heard the pleadings of a desperate woman and granted me a respite. If that hasn't worked for you, I am sorry. Perhaps I "do" pitiful more convincingly.

Life is so much easier to cope with when I've had a little sleep (right now it's between 5-6 hours a night).

My mood is so improved that AM told me I was the "best mom" this weekend. He hasn't said that in a while. Actually he said "I'm a really lucky guy because I have a mom that loves me enough to make sure I have good socks". I'll take it.

After my blissful slumber, we managed to get the tree up (and decorated!). We're doing Christmas-lite this year. I simply don't want to deal with all my decorations. The tree is up and the nativities are out, so I'm happy.

MotH and AM went on a toy-purge spree on Saturday. Once a year, usually just before Christmas, MotH decides it's time to go through our toy cabinet (a.k.a. built-in bookshelves in the family room) and ditch anything that hasn't seen the light of day since the previous year's purge.

This year, he wanted to empty the toy cabinet (no toys in my family room now unless AM brings them from his room) and move everything up to AM's room or down to the basement. Then he tackled AM's closet.

Everything is now organized in Rubbermaid containers. And, I'm embarrassed to admit this, we threw away an ASTOUNDING number of Happy Meal toys. I'm talking trash bags full. Frightening.

Breastfeeding is going better, although I'm still in pain. Breastfeeding is JUST like pregnancy. Magical one minute, a burden the next.

All in all, a fabulous weekend (shocking how much my disposition improves with slumber!).

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Glad to hear about the imporvement, it is amazing how different the world looks with a little rest. Don't worry, I do mean a little. 5 hours is better than 2, but it still ain't much.
NB

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

So glad you have been able to get a little sleep! I will pray it will continue. I LOVE purging toys. We just did that a few weeks ago while the kids were in bed. It is DELIGHTFUL to see the final product---in our case, a clean and organized playroom. If only for a few days, I will still enjoy it!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Whoops, that last comment was me, Mrs. Nurse Boy!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Happy Birthday IM. By the way, the broken ironing board is good stuff.