Monday, November 03, 2008

Still Here

It's Monday again. That means I had another doctor's visit.

I'm now 3 cm dilated. I know! I was bummed too. I figured with all the contractions and, how do I describe this, "thunking" going on that I would be more then 3 cm! I also "lost" something last week. Hopefully that makes sense to most of you.

My doctor was excited about my progress. He tells me the baby has dropped (I wondered) and that the head is "right there".

Now I'm a little fearful that he'll just fall out. I know the likelihood of that happening is slim to none, but few people would accuse me of being logical right now.

4 comments:

Chaos-Jamie said...

You are hilarious. Seriously. I don't think I've ever been beyond a 1 before I was in true labor. Or before I "lost" anything. I'd be envious except I know what agony it must be to be so close yet so far away. Even if you are now in transition three hours later.

Imperfect Mom said...

I'm going walking at the mall today to see if that helps (after I vote). I hope my calves and feet don't explode. MotH thinks this is an excuse to accidentally find something I have to buy, but it truly is not. I need to have easy access to bathrooms and lots of them.

Nurse Boy said...

So what did you lose? Keys? Patience? Your bandaid while baking a cake? Some of the snacks your going to take to the hospital? Maybe your purse? Your cookies?

Are we not allowed to say mucous plug on this blog?

Imperfect Mom said...

Ok, NB, if it makes you happy I'll say it. Mucous plug.

Now my father-in-law will likely hide from me for the next few weeks. I hope you're happy.