Monday, November 10, 2008

He's Here!

Cliff Note Version:

Woke up at 4:30 a.m. Thought I was having tummy cramps. I wasn't having tummy cramps. Went to hospital at 6'ish and he was having decels, so they kept me. I was at 4cm 90% at that point.

Got a room around 7:30 a.m. and was still at 4cm. My contractions had no pause between them. Not fun. Had my epidural at 8:20 a.m. and was at 9 1/2 cm and 100 % within 45 minutes! Then I stalled, lol. Started pushing at 10:59 a.m. and he was born at 1:25 p.m. (yes, that's almost 2 1/2 hours. Ouch.)

7 lbs 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches Everyone is doing well (I feel like I've been hit by a truck, but no pain no gain, right?). He is doing really well with breastfeeding, which I'm THRILLED about. AM's isn't sure what to think yet, but I expect he'll warm up to the idea.

That's all for now. Happy birthday little man!

4 comments:

Nurse Boy said...

We are so excited for you guys! Thanks for the update!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

The Tappan Family said...

I'm so happy for you and your family, Lesley!! Also glad the breastfeeding is going well. It's so nice when they are born professionals! :)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Can you say breastfeeding on this blog? I think you may have broken a rule? Seriously though, good job holding that kid in, and congrats on the new addition to your family.

Imperfect Mom said...

I can say anything I WANT to say. I just didn't want to say "mucous plug" ;P.