Monday, September 29, 2008

New week, new symptoms

So here I sit (literally) at 32 weeks (and two days, but who's counting?). I figured I was done experiencing NEW pregnancy symptoms and would just need to ride out the old-but-getting-worse symptoms.

Heartburn? Check
Stretch marks? Check (though technically they are leftovers from my pregnancy with AM)
Acne? Check (someone once assured me that oily skin means it will age slower. I was tempted to press my forehead on her window. That stuff is hard to get off!)
Swollen ankles/feet? C-H-E-C-K
Frequent potty breaks? For the love of porcelain, check!
Hemorrhoids? I'll leave you guessing on that one. I can't always be an open book.

You get the picture.

Yet pregnancy continues to be a bevy of surprises. Like a Fun House, only all the mirrors that make me look oddly tall and thin have been removed.

My newest symptom: shredded upper abdominal muscles.

Oh, I can hear you saying "shredded? She's so prone to exaggeration and drama."

To that I say, "oh yeah?!". (Pithy comebacks are my gift.)

The muscles about an inch below my ribcage are SCREAMIN' mad. To make matters worse, I had my gallbladder removed a couple of years ago and I swear to you the stupid scar is trying to burst open (the incision that they remove the gallbladder through is about an inch below my sternum). I've actually had to sneak a peek to make sure it's not red and swollen, it aches so bad.

I expected the baby to stick his feet in my ribs. I've heard enough preggos talk about that. I've NOT heard anyone complain about abdominal muscles being torn apart.

Whine, whine, whine, complain, complain.

This one really hurts though!

No comments: