Wednesday, August 13, 2008

An Open Letter to Hyvee. Re: Marshmallow Treasures....

YOU STINK!!!

I had a craving. I went to pour myself a bowl of what PROMISED to be marshmallow-y goodness.

The front of your box clearly displays an abundance of rainbow-colored, dehydrated marshmallows.

I looked into my bowl of cereal....and THERE WERE NO MARSHMALLOWS. I double checked the box.

There they are! Mocking me with their promise of a multi-colored sugar high.

I'm not high, BECAUSE THEY FORGOT THE MARSHMALLOWS.

I dumped it down the sink and found three. THREE. I ask you, is that abundant? No, it's not. It's stingy.

I'm all for saving money, Hyvee, but you need to add the word "essence" to your box: Treasures with Marshmallow-Essence.

It would save people like myself from the bitter let-down when they simply expect more from you.

Shame on you, Hyvee. I could have purchased Lucky Charms, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I got burned and that's not something a craving-prone pregnant chick is likely to forget soon.

Shame on you.

10 comments:

Mackenzie said...

You kill me with your blogs! I actually laugh out loud sometimes (like w/ this one) and have to explain myself to my co-worker sitting near me.

Imperfect Mom said...

As long as you can laugh at my expense, my job is done :).

(Did you get my email about the shower?)

Nurse Boy said...

I remember when crunch berries first came out. As a promotion they gave a little extra baggy of crunch berries that you could use any way you wanted. That was better than any cearal toy I ever got.

Don't you hate it how in Lucky Charms you get a bunch of marshmallows in the first two bowls, then not so many in the last two. But still more than an essance.

All I am saying is you are speaking my language Imperfect. I have never felt so close to you.

Imperfect Mom said...

Was that Nurse Boy or Mrs. Nurse Boy??

Nurse Boy said...

Oh, THAT was Nurse Boy himself.

THIS is Mrs. Nurse Boy. Did you noticed that he basically admitted that he thinks a box of cereal has FOUR servings. Four VERY LARGE servings!

He loves his cereal!

Imperfect Mom said...

I wondered who I shared this affinity for cereal with :). Since you go "incognito" under his name, I wasn't quite sure!

MotH mocks my love of cereal. You're fortunate to have such a sensitive hubby.

Back to what you said, though. You mean there's more then four servings?!

Nurse Boy said...

If MotH or anyone else feels wierd about our sugar cereal relationship, you just need to inform them that pregnant women and fat guys have an unexplainable special bond. You know, because sugar is sticky.

Imperfect Mom said...

No twigs and berries for us!!

They can have their high fiber, a.k.a. BORING, cereal.

Me, I like the party in a bowl. Except for when Hyvee crashes my party.

Hy-Vee Customer Affairs said...

Dear Consumer,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the Hy-Vee Marshmallow Treasurers Cereal that did not contain marshmallows. Will you please contact our Hy-Vee Customer Affairs Department at 1-800-289-8343? We would like to obtain more information regarding this complaint.

Sincerely,
Hy-Vee, Inc.

Chaos-Jamie said...

Shut UP! They did not find themselves on your blog? Where were they for MY open letter, I ask you?

When Nurse Boy strikes, he does it as anonymous. Unless he's upped his techie standing.