Sunday, July 20, 2008

Alien

I'm certain this will be wildly unpopular. After all, pregnant women are supposed to glow. They are supposed to wonder at the miracle within. They are supposed to awe at the gift of new life.

Yeah, okay. I'm doing that.

But I have to admit that it's a little weird. Just a bit strange. A smidgen odd to HAVE AN ENTIRE PERSON INSIDE OF ME THAT KEEPS KICKING ME!

I really, really wish I hadn't seen Alien when I was young and impressionable.

Yes, it's cool to feel the baby move. I (lightly) jiggle, even occasionally poke, my belly to encourage such movement.

But it's still weird.

I mean I can SEE my stomach move. WHAT is up with that? Yeah, yeah. There's a baby in there.....but really, can that be normal?

In all honesty, it really is amazing and super cool.

Something can be cool and strange simultaneously, right?

4 comments:

Nurse Boy said...

With each of my pregnancies I felt like a science experiment. It is so cool and so weird, all at the same time. And, personally, I don't miss it. They were all worth it, but I still won't miss being a science experiment.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Nurse Boy said...

I think it's gas!

Mr. Nurse Boy

Imperfect Mom said...

Is that why I smiled?

Mackenzie said...

That's awesome! I personally have always thought it a bit weird when my friend's stomach would move, I'm glad that you (being pregnant yourself) find it odd too.