Thursday, September 06, 2007

September Morn

Actually, it's September evening, but Neil Diamond didn't sing a song with that title.

I suppose it's time for another adoption adoption (I say grudgingly). The newest batch of referrals came out Sept. 4.....and they did four days. They have been working on November 2005 since April 2007. They may not get through with November until November of THIS year, officially making the wait two years.

BUT, since the wait is still growing, we aren't really gaining ground. My best guess would be 18 months from now, perhaps longer.

Tonight AM said it would be nice to have a sister or brother. It's the first time he's ever vocalized that. I wish I could tell him it would happen before he's old enough to father his own children (yes, I know that's being a little dramatic).

This month marks the two-year anniversary of our first adoption "step". We attended our first informational meeting in September 2005. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that the wait was less then 9 months at that time. How far (?) we've come since that time!

I could also bring up some recent adoption problems, but frankly.....I'm worn out.

I wish I had a pithy and humorous post for you this time, but those wheels don't seem to be turnin' tonight. I'll try again in a few days :).

Until then......

No comments: